You can return any time by using the sub-menu at the top of your screen.
- Ask to see projects the contractor completed more than two years ago so you can see how the work holds up over time.
- Are the pavers laid in a way that minimizes awkward cuts? Are the curves of the project cut in a way that minimizes large gaps?
- Has edge restraint been used and is it still in place?
- How long does the contractor guarantee the work? How many warranty claims has the company had in the past two years?
- Some contractors will hire other companies to perform parts of the work, like lighting and irrigation. Be sure to ask the contractor about these sub-contractors and how they will be managed.
- How long has the contractor been installing pavers and walls?
- Has the contractor installed projects in the past with the features you’re considering (e.g., a raised patio, retaining wall or water feature)?
- What are the contractor’s base preparation methods? What materials are used and why?
- Is there a standard procedure for base preparation or will the contractor assess your site’s unique needs?
- Ask the contractor how far in advance they are booking projects and how long your project might take.
- What are the contractor’s payment terms?
- Is an upfront deposit required to secure the timing of the project?
- Does the contractor have the proper licensing for their work?
- Does the contractor have liability insurance and are employees covered by Workers Compensation?
- Will there be permits required for the job and if so, who is responsible to secure them?
- Do you like this contractor? Can you easily communicate and understand each other? Is this someone you can trust?
- Ask if the person you’re meeting will be on site throughout the project or if someone else in the company will be your day-to-day contact person.
- Contacting references can help you understand how the contractor operates throughout a project.
- Does the contractor offer a design service? Is there a cost for this? Is the design hand drawn or rendered in 3D?
- Are the contractor’s designs something you would like for your project?
In order to match you with a Unilock®
Authorized Contractor best suited for your
project, we’d like to ask you a few questions.
What Makes Unilock Authorized Contractors an Elite Group You Can Trust
Building the outdoor space of your dreams should be an exciting and positive experience. It’s a large investment into your family’s home that if built properly, will be enjoyed for many years to come. The key to a successful project is hiring a professional landscape contractor.Read More
Why visit a Unilock Idea Center?
Sometimes it’s hard to envision landscaping concepts in your yard. Choosing a color that matches your home’s exterior from a photo can be challenging. And where do you go if you have questions about the quality or purpose of certain paver products? The best way to find inspiration and get personalized assistance with your outdoor hardscaping project is to visit a Unilock Idea Center.Read More