Click on the tile to learn more.
High quality stone walkways from North America’s most trusted and premier manufacturer.
Let Stone Walkways Enhance the Appearance of Your Home's Outdoor Areas
Installing a stone walkway is an easy way to upgrade the appearance of your yard. Unilock offers a wide variety of concrete pavers that can help you transform your home's landscape.
Our stone walkway pavers are manufactured to resemble natural stones, cobblestones, bricks, and more. Stone walkway pavers are designed to deliver unmatched durability, aesthetic beauty and flexibility.
Thanks to more than 50 years of experience, we've developed proprietary technologies that help our products stand out.
Unilock stone walkway pavers are designed to be highly durable, with the ability to withstand freeze/thaw cycles without cracking or splitting. Stone walkway pavers are ideal for pedestrian and light duty vehicular traffic.
High-Quality Stone Walkways from North America's Hardscape Authority
Some of the Unilock paver products that are a popular choice for stone walkways include:
• Umbriano® – This paver looks like natural granite thanks to a proprietary technology that randomly disperses color.
• Senzo™ – Sporting unique colors and a linear design, Senzo™ is well suited to contemporary designs, and also works well as an accent band paver.
• Series™ – This sophisticated paver has a high-performance surface made from a combination of granite and quartz aggregates.
• Richcliff® – Inspired by the texture of natural cut flagstone, Richcliff® offers superior durability, timeless appeal and is designed with EasyClean™ integral stain resistance.
Connect with us online today or call one of our local Unilock Authorized Contractors who can provide you with a free quote.
Why Choose Unilock for Stone Walkways?
Unilock has been installing stone walkways for more than 50 years. As the leading hardscape authority in North America, we understand how essential it is to choose the right services for your project. We work hard to ensure you'll receive the best service possible.
Choosing Unilock is the most critical decision you will ever need to take when planning your next project. We're confident that we can give you the best service because we've been doing this for years.
For over 50 years, the top designers and contractors have relied on Unilock to deliver cutting-edge paving and wall products that enable them to produce spectacular projects that stand the test of time.
The Hardscaper That Delivers Exceptional Quality
Durability that is second to none
We don't just aim to meet industry standards; we exceed them (American Society for Test and Materials, Canadian Standards Association).
Color that lasts
The refined surface of EnduraColor products is achieved with a two-step manufacturing process that protects the surface from the appearance of fading over time.
Deep, rich colors and many unique Reala™ textures combine to deliver the timeless beauty of Unilock Elegance.
Contact Us Now Visit a Outdoor Idea Center
Installing High-Quality Stone Walkways
Installing stone walkways requires using high-quality materials to ensure durability and aesthetic beauty.
Unilock offers a wide variety of stepping stone pavers designed for walkway use.
Stone walkway pavers are manufactured to resemble natural stone, cobblestones, bricks, and more while providing unmatched durability.
How to Construct A Stone Walkway
Before you start building your stone walkway, there are a few things you need to know:
• Excavation – the first step in any project is excavation of grass and top soil.
• Gravel Base – Fill the excavated area with a base gravel that is strong enough to handle various surface loads; be free draining to allow water back into the subsoil; extend at least six inches beyond the edges of the finished paver surface; and be compacted in several layers, using the proper equipment.
• Bedding Layer – a 1” (25mm) layer of sand or tiny stone chips is spread out and smoothed on top of the solid gravel base to allow for proper water drainage.
• Laying the Pavers – Once the bedding layer has been placed and smoothed out, the pavers are laid on the bedding course.
• Restraint System – Edge restraints will be secured with long metal spikes to prevent perimeter pavers from drifting out. Larger retaining walls may require geogrid to be used every few layers to secure the wall into the soil that is being retained.
• Joint Material– There are two types of joint material to choose from:
o Basic Jointing Sand – Years ago, this was the only joint material available. We recommend that you use a joint stabilizing sealer and be prepared to replenish sand when needed.
o Polymeric Sand – This special sand stays in place longer because it is combined with a binding agent. However, it’s not right for every project and needs to be installed with care to prevent hazing.
• Sealing – Unilock pavers will be durable with, or without, a sealer. If you decide to seal, you must re-seal every 3-5 years in order to keep your pavers looking pristine. Unilock does offer factory-sealed pavers as well.