JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
COMPANY: Unilock Michigan Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Manufacturing Plant Department
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager and Shift Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
Unilock is an innovative leader in the manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality concrete products for the professional landscape and construction industry. The Unilock philosophy is to involve employees in safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping improvement activities in order to better serve customers and provide long-term stability.
Unilock Michigan, Inc. is looking to fill a skilled position in our manufacturing divisions. The ideal Maintenance Technician candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic looking for a career opportunity. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity.
The employee must be available to work both inside and outside and be able to work 42-60 hours per week.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety: Inspection of production equipment and plant facilities so as ensure a safe working environment. Perform the duties of Maintenance Technician in a safe manner
- Maintenance and Repairs: The immediate repair to all production equipment as required. Implementation and execution of Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Reporting: Accurate reporting of maintenance work performed and material and parts used on a daily basis and any associated JSA and/or SOP
- Housekeeping: General cleanliness and tidiness of the work area(s)
- Other Duties: All other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Plant Manager
- 3-5 years of experience with logistics/customer service
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail while multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform basic math equations
- Exhibit professional etiquette and be courteous in all situations
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Have excellent working knowledge with Excel to produce monthly reports and Word for daily documents
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for up to 5 hours at a time without sitting down.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 years Industrial Mechanic in a manufacturing environment experience
- Working knowledge of machine operations in a manufacturing environment
- Basic Computer Skills – MS Office
- Fundamental understanding of Preventative Maintenance Programs [CMMS]
- Basic knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot the following:
- 24 VDC, 110 and 480/600 3 Phase VAC electrical systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Pneumatic Systems
- Ability to fabricate steel using a torch, welder and associated tooling
- Basic ability to read prints/schematics of the following types
- The ability to safely operate power tools
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Requires standing, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs. Requires the ability to perform work with hands and/or arms in the same repetitive motion above and below shoulder level
- The proper use and care of all pertinent tools
- Flexible – willing to work flexible hours and shifts; day and night shifts
- Demonstrate trouble shooting and problem solving skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OVERVIEW:
A comprehensive benefits package includes the following: Life Insurance; Health and Dental Coverage; Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay; Uniforms; and 401k Retirement Plan with company contributions after introductory periods are completed.
If you are interested in the great opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or, FAX to 810-222-0358 or apply in person at 12591 Emerson Drive, Brighton, MI 48116, Monday – Friday 9 am to 3 pm.
Unilock is an equal opportunity employer
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check