General Labor – Brighton, MI
Unilock, a family-owned and operated business, originally introduced the paving stone to North America in 1972. Backed by family values and a commitment to quality, Unilock has grown to become the premier manufacturer of paving stones and retaining walls. Traveling the globe in search of inspiration, Unilock strives to stay on the leading edge of design and manufacturing innovation, to reflect the evolving needs, wants and sense of style of its customers.
Unilock Michigan, Inc. is looking to fill entry-level, skilled positions in our manufacturing divisions. The ideal Manufacturing General Labor candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic looking for a career opportunity. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity.
The employee must be available to work both inside and outside and be able to work 42-60 hours per week. There is heavy lifting involved due to the nature of our concrete products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safety: Perform the duties of General Labor in a safe manner
• Operations: Perform duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager
• Housekeeping: General cleanliness and tidiness of the work areas
• Clean-Up: Participate in the plant clean up at shifts end
• Operate equipment and ensure all duties are performed in a safe manner
• Involved in multiple quality control tasks
• Assist with break coverage for other positions in the Plant
• Willing to work extra hours if required to complete tasks
• All other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OVERVIEW: A comprehensive benefits package includes the following: Life Insurance; Health and Dental Coverage; Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay; Uniforms; and 401k Retirement Plan with company contributions after introductory periods are completed.
EQUITY: Unilock is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Requires standing, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 70 lbs. Requires the ability to perform work with hands and/or arms in the same repetitive motion above and below shoulder level
• The proper use and care of all pertinent tools
• Flexible – willing to work flexible hours and shifts; day and night shifts
• Demonstrate trouble shooting and problem solving skills
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX to 810-222-0358 or apply in person at 12591 Emerson Drive, Brighton, MI 48116, Monday – Friday 9 am to 3 pm.