JOB TITLE: Forklift Operator Position
COMPANY: Unilock Michigan Inc.
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager and Shift Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
Unilock is an innovative leader in the manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality concrete products for the professional landscape and construction industry. The Unilock philosophy is to involve employees in safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping improvement activities in order to better serve customers and provide long-term stability.
Unilock Michigan, Inc. is looking to fill a skilled position in our yard division. The ideal Forklift Operator candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic looking for a career opportunity. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity. Strong customer service skills along with good interpersonal skills are necessary when dealing with multiple departments, customers, and vendors.
The employee must be available to work outside for both day and night shifts, weekends and be able to work 42-60 hours per week. There is heavy lifting involved due to the nature of our concrete products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety: Operate their equipment in a safe and non-abusive manner. Participate in safety meetings and trainings.
- Quality Control: Inspects all packages of product to be loaded onto a truck or being pulled off the plant line(s) and reports to the Shift Supervisor all packaging deficiencies, missing bundle tags and any other quality problems
- Operations: Performs the daily maintenance checklist for the forklift(s). Loads trucks promptly and properly according to shipping documents and also pulls finished product from the plant production lines and stores the material into the yard according to company procedures.Participates in monthly/yearly inventory counts
- Reporting: Turn in daily equipment checklist and any safety or mechanical issues with the equipment. Turn in shipping documents used to load trucks and transfer paperwork for inventory control
- Housekeeping: The general cleanliness and tidiness of the yard and equipment
- Clean up: Work as assigned during plant clean up
- Other Duties: All other duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or Plant Manager
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Forklift Operator license an asset or must be able to pass the test
- Requires standing, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs. Requires the ability to perform work with hands and/or arms in the same repetitive motion above and below shoulder level
- Knowledge of load limitations as they pertain to total weight on a truck or trailer
- The proper use and care of all pertinent tools and equipment
- Flexible – willing to work flexible hours and shifts; day and night shifts and weekends
- Demonstrate trouble shooting and problem solving skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OVERVIEW:
A comprehensive benefits package includes the following: Life Insurance; Health and Dental Coverage; Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay; Uniforms; and 401k Retirement Plan with company contributions after introductory periods are completed.
Unilock is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, driver and background check
If you are interested in the great opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com or, FAX to 810-222-0358 or apply in person at 12591 Emerson Drive, Brighton, MI 48116, Monday – Friday 9 am to 3 pm.