While creating an amazing outdoor living space is exciting, it can also seem a bit overwhelming at first — especially once you start thinking about the many material choices, layout possibilities, and color schemes you’ll want to explore. As your partner through the entire process, Unilock offers a perfect starting point as we offer numerous tools for developing your vision — and then finalizing it.
Start with a Wish List
Outdoor kitchens, fireplaces, water features, gathering places, gardens — if you have a fairly blank slate to work with in your landscape, the options for your outdoor living space are plentiful. To develop the style and features of your space and its many details, you’ll want to begin by gathering your wish list. Think about what amenities you want in your landscape and how you and your family and friends will likely use the space. Then, think about challenges you’ll need to overcome such as uninspiring views, a steep lot, or lack of privacy.
Once you’ve determined what you want (and what you have to work with), it’s time to get inspired and start creating your dream landscape design.
Design Assistance Tools from Unilock
Unilock offers several powerful design tools to help you and your landscape contractor close in on creating a personalized, beautifully-designed outdoor space that will add significant value to your home for years to come.
The Unilock Design Idea Catalog
The Unilock Design Idea Catalog contains over 150 different photos of real-life projects. It’s a great first-step resource for narrowing down design preferences and identifying the features and styles you’d like to incorporate in your own outdoor living space.
Go through the interactive catalog, download a PDF version, or request a hold-in-hand copy.
2. 3D Design
While some landscape contractors and designers still prefer to draw by hand, digitally created plans and 3D renderings have gained traction. Unilock offers a software program for just this purpose, called Uvision 3D Landscape Creator.
The Uvision 3D Landscape Creator features:
- High-quality imagery: View over 400 high-resolution Unilock colors and textures.
- Ultra-realistic textures: With your Unilock Authorized Contractor’s help, you’ll be able to envision your finished outdoor space, including contrasting colors and accents.
- Borders and inserts: See what happens if you incorporate borders, banding, accents, and inlays into your pavers and walls.
- Vertical features: See your plan in 3D, complete with pre-drawn Unilock vertical features like fireplaces and pillars that will give your outdoor space added beauty and functionality.
- Water features: See the water actually flow in the walk-through video model.
- 3D video fly-throughs: Watch a dynamic 3D fly-through video of your completed design.
- Time of day lighting: This feature lets you see how the look of your landscape evolves as the day progresses and where specific lighting can add drama or utility.
- 2D working drawings: Your Unilock Authorized Contractor can export 2D drawings at scale, with legends for the softscape and hardscape features.
- Pool building wizard: Choose among a set of pre-designed pool shapes, or see what happens when your contractor designs a custom shape.
3. Uvision Mix and Match
When you’re ready to explore paver combinations for your project, turn to our Mix & Match tool. Simply drag and drop our most popular pavers to see how they look alone, or in combination. This is a great tool for helping you choose borders and bands for your project.
4. Outdoor Idea Center
Gain confidence in design vision and material choices by experiencing the materials firsthand. The best way to see Unilock products in action is at a Unilock Outdoor Idea Center.
Browse Unilock paver and wall combinations in life-size outdoor settings, take home a few samples, and talk to our knowledgeable staff about your project plans. We’re here to help you every step of the way.
5. Product Samples
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your outdoor space. Unilock locations offer free samples to contractors and homeowners so that you can gain a clear idea of how pavers, accents, and walls will look in your surroundings, and how they will work with existing outdoor structures, pools, or other features.
6. Professional Contractors
We have thoroughly vetted Unilock Authorized Contractors in your area who can answer your questions, discuss challenges, help you define your project scope, and kick-start the design/build process. Gain access to the best design advice and superior installation craftsmanship backed by Unilock. Get started with a free estimate.