Industrial Maintenance Mechanic – Georgetown, ON
Unilock, a family-owned and operated business, originally introduced the paving stone to North America in 1972. Backed by family values and a commitment to quality, Unilock has grown to become the premier manufacturer of paving stones and retaining walls. Traveling the globe in search of inspiration, Unilock strives to stay on the leading edge of design and manufacturing innovation, to reflect the evolving needs, wants and sense of style of its customers.
We currently have an opening in our Georgetown, Ontario location for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic. This key position within our organization will report to the Maintenance Supervisor. The applicant must also be flexible in shift scheduling and have the ability to work days, nights and weekends.
The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity.
The main responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
• Ensure that all duties and responsibilities are completed in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
• Install processing equipment
• Perform machine overhauls as required
• Monitor plant equipment operation and perform necessary running repairs
• Communicate any maintenance work performed or maintenance requirements to the Shift Supervisor
• Ensure all maintenance reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Assist in the daily clean-up of production area at end of shift
• Maintain general cleanliness and tidiness of work area
• Generate and implement continuous improvement ideas for production operations
• Willing to work extra hours if required to complete tasks
• Ability to assist in winter works projects as required
• Other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
• Preference given to candidates with Ontario Millwrights License
• Preference given to candidates with strong electrical background
• 2 years of experience as a Millwright or apprentice in a manufacturing environment
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office
• CAD experience is an asset
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
• Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, driver and background check.
Unilock offers a competitive hourly rate based on experience, an employer matched pension plan, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit package.
If you are interested in a challenging position, and pursuing a career in a fast paced manufacturing environment, we’d like to hear from you.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.